Sunday, March 19, 2006




St Patric's day at the restaurant

St Patric's day is not one of my favorite holidays, but the restaurant business benefits from it greatly. I slow roasted the corned beef . I had two 28 pound roasts. I roasted them at 250 degrees for 8 hours. They were medium, not overcooked. Then we sliced them a little thicker than most places and served them with the boiled new potatoes and cabbage with the beef braising liquid. Not one of my favorites, but not bad with losts of horseradish, and not tough or chewy at all.

We made a couple recipes for Irish soda bread. Everyone loved it. The doughs aren't much different than making biscuits or scones.

The salmon special with Irish Cream whiskey sauce was the real hit. I took the recipe from Guilded Fork on the net, only I served it with spinach fettucini with jullienned carrots. I sold over forty pounds of it and ran out of salmon.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Mick,
The salmon does sound very good, I'll try it soon. Did a pretty good marinade this weekend. Frozen limeade, soy sauce, garlic, habaneros, and honey. I marinated pork chops and grilled, they turned out pretty good, I also grilled some pineapple slices to go w/them. Next time I'll try reducing the leftover marinade.

Kevin said...

Mick,
Also...thanks for the GUILDED FORK reference. Looks like a very good site.