Tuesday, May 30, 2006






Tower Grove Park, which is a beautifully restored Victorian park (created by Henry Shaw-the creator of the MO Botannical Garden) just iniatiated a farmer's market. Usually I go to Soulard which is the oldest farmer's market West of the Mississippi-it is large and takes up a complete city block, but since Tower Grove is in my neighborhood I have been going there since it started. For Memorial Day I made grilled leg of lamb, pork ribs, roasted beet salad, spinach salad, asparagus, and strawberry shortcake. All ingredients came from the Tower Grove Farmer's market-I love buying things from the people who grow the things they sell-there is so much integrity and personal pride that is evident. The animals were raised without hormones, and the eggs were from free ranged hens-the yolks were so rich and deeply colored.

No comments: