Thursday, January 25, 2007


Rainbow Trout with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Fingerling potatoes

This is such an easy preparation for trout and has so much flavor from the pancetta and Rosemary. I dredged the fillets in panko for a bit of crunch to the bite, sauteed them in olive oil, topped it with a slice of pancetta and some Rosemary leaves and ran it under the broiler to slightly curl the pancetta. Pancetta is a non-smoked Italian bacon with a whimsical round form.
Squeezing fresh lemon juice over the dish brightens all the flavors.

I blanched the Fingerlings and then sauteed them with a bit of garlic, Rosemary and lemon juice.

2 comments:

wheresmymind said...

I've got a whole bag of fingerling 'taters I'm ITCHIN' to use :)

Brilynn said...

My brother used to take me fishing when I was little, we'd catch rainbow trout and then go home and fry them up.