Friday, January 04, 2008











Spit Roasted Cornish Hens

This was simple and good after all the rich holiday dinners and hors de ouevres. I brined the birds for a couple of hours then roasted them in the counter-top rotisserie while glazing them with smoked paprika, sherry, lemon, and honey. I also made some potatas brava. I placed fresh hot and dried chilis in my mortar with garlic, cumin, and olive oil and mashed them with the pestle. I added some cauliflour to this typical Spanish dish. I had been thinking of making one of my favorite potato and cauliflour dishes from Madhur Jaffrey's "Indian Cooking". The recipes are quite similar. Potatas Brava, named because only the brave eat them-they are so firey. Mine turned out a bit wimpy-next time I will up up the hot peppers a bit and transform it into a proper manly Potatas Brava

No comments: