Friday, October 17, 2008


More Classes


Earlier this week I taught at the Dierberg's School of Cooking. Dierberg's is a local grocery chain, with really terrific produce and meats. In several of their stores they also have a demonstration kitchen, and I teach in several of them when my restaurant schedule permits. They really are a nice facility with a beautiful lay-out and centerpiece visibility. This week I presented my Argentinean steak Chimichurri, shrimp empanadas, arugula, avocado, and papaya salad, and lime tequila tarts. Here is the chimichurri recipe.


1/4 cup minced garlic

1/4 cup minced shallot

1 cup chopped frsh parsley

1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano

1/2 cup chopped fresh mint

1 teaspoon of salt

1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes

1 cup of olive oil (extra virgin)

1/4 cup of red wine vinegar

1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice

1 small carrot, grated


Pulse all of the ingredients, except the carrot, in a food processor. The sauce should not be pureed, but should remain chunky. Fold in the carrot. Spoon the sauce over grilled steaks.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Lately I've seen several blogs/message boards where Argentinian beef has been touted.....I've not seen it anywhere in Texas, is it really that much better??? I thought good 'ol CAB (prime of course) was about as good as it gets.

BTW........you missed an INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL weekend.....sorry.