Wednesday, January 07, 2009


















Christmas Party

After providing celebratory feasts and parties for their clients, many chefs, like the shoe maker's children who have no shoes, neglect their own family and friends, not so at my house. So it was the Sunday after New Year's Eve I hosted a final holiday party in my home. It was one of the first Sundays I had off since Thanksgiving. I served some hors de ouevres, marinated vegetbles, Prime Rib with mashed potatoes, a whole pumpkin roasted with yams, parsnips, and turnips, and a glorious Pineapple-Raspberry Charlotte Russe for dessert.

I set up a small bar on my computer desk and served champagne sangria and non-alchaholic grape juice sangrias with chilled shrimp and candied bacon. I usually set the food up on my kitchen table and work table buffet style and then everyone can find a seat ot the dining table.





1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

Beautiful! Love your table setting, I have those same blue goblets. Say, I'm interested in that candied bacon!!
LL